Thursday, January 14, 2010

thirty minutes a day

When I set out to write, I find a solid hour or two and I get my words on paper or typed into a file. Done. But the other days, when I think that there it too much to do (excuses, excuses), I pass on writing because I just don't have the time.

But thirty minutes? Surely I can manage that every single day. Challenge to myself: write at least thirty minutes a day for one month. I just started today, 14 January, and knocked off my thirty minutes. I'll do it again tomorrow and the next day and all the way to 14 February. If I can make it a month, perhaps I can just make it a lasting habit.

I am allowing any kind of writing to count. It isn't just thirty minutes of working on The Book Project. I can journal, write poetry, try an essay: anything. Just to write daily.

Try it and see. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Christine said...

30 minutes, everyday. I think I can. I think I can. No forget that I will! Wait I said that about reading the Lemon Tree! This is different, the words need to dance across the page.

Christine said...

You will finish you book and it will be fun and a pleasure to watch!